How do I manually configure OpenVPN on Android?
We recommend that you install the Official Android ProXPN Client from the Google Play Store.
If you prefer to setup the VPN manually you may follow the instructions below:
1. Install OpenVPN for android app from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blinkt.openvpn&hl=en
2. Download our OpenVPN config files here(Please use UDP since it is faster compared to TCP): http://www.proxpn.com/updater/locations.html
3. Open the OpenVPN for android app then tap the + icon at the top
4. Tap "Import" then select the .ovpn file that you downloaded from step 2(select the file depending on the server where you want to connect, you can import multiple files to create a VPN profile for each location)
5. Enter the VPN profile name(Any name will do) then tap the check icon at the upper right
6. Tap on the newly created profile then enter your proXPN username and password
7. You should see a key icon on the status bar of your android device once it is connected, you can go back to the OpenVPN app and tap the VPN profile again if you want to disconnect